Effective pepper insect control relies on effective IPM strategies and products that fit precise needs. The challenges change with the site and the season.
Pepper growers are benefiting from the broad portfolio of insect control options provided by DuPont Crop Protection. Two products proven to provide lasting control are DuPont™ Verimark® insect control powered by Cyazypyr® and DuPont™ Coragen® insect control powered by Rynaxypyr®.
Give Crops a Strong Start
Verimark® features a new mode of action that works quickly to protect crops from a cross spectrum of sucking and chewing pepper pests. Applied through transplant water, tray drench, drip chemigation or soil injection, Verimark® helps growers get pepper crops off to a strong start, creating an opportunity for improved yield.
- Helps manage highly prolific and difficult-to-control pests, including whiteflies, thrips, aphids, psyllids, leafminers, pepper weevil and several lepidopteran pest species.
- Translocates from roots to leaves and redistributes as leaves expand, selectively controlling pests that feed on plant tissues without disrupting beneficial populations.
- Demonstrated an average yield advantage of 9.1 percent as compared to the grower standard, in large plot tests conducted in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Controlled early and midseason populations of immature whiteflies better than the grower standard, even under the heaviest infestation of white adults in nearly a decade in southern Georgia.
Protect Crops In Season
Coragen® uses a breakthrough mode of action to deliver remarkable protection against biting and chewing pepper insect pests. An excellent environmental profile, flexible application and long residual control make Coragen® a valuable IPM partner for in-season pepper insect control.
- Controls beet armyworm, European corn borer, many leafminers (larvae), loopers, tomato fruitworm, tomato pinworm, western yellowstriped armyworm, silverleaf whitefly (nymph suppression) and more (see product label for crop/pest combinations controlled or suppressed)
- Insects stop feeding in minutes
- No mite or secondary pest flaring
- Long-lasting protection – 14 to 21 days and longer (depending on application method, untreated plant material may not be fully protected as a result of plant growth)
- Rainfast when spray is dry
- Shortest re-entry interval (4 hours) and shortest preharvest interval (1 day)
- Registered for drip and foliar spray (ground and air)
- Minimal impact on beneficials when applied at label rates
- Partners with DuPont™ Tanos® fungicide for enhanced disease control
Don’t use more than one at-plant or two drip chemigation or soil injection applications of Verimark® per crop. Verimark® and Coragen® are Group 28 insecticides, so alternate with other modes of action to help manage and avoid resistance development.
Always read and follow all label directions and precautions for use. DuPont™ Coragen®, Tanos® and Verimark® are not available in all states. See your local DuPont sales representative or retailer for details on availability. Trademarks with ®, ™ or sm are trademarks of DuPont or affiliates. © 2016 DuPont.