New PACA Web Guide Available
McCarron & Diess has published the PACA Web Guide (www.pacawebguide.com), a comprehensive, easy-to-understand, and fully searchable website to assist produce professionals with issues arising under the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act, or PACA, and help them decide on the best course of action. The Guide is written in non-legal language, and addresses all aspects of PACA.
The PACA Web Guide contains information on the following areas:
• Information about PACA law, the PACA Division, and produce industry websites.
• Licensing: who needs a license, obtaining a license, license renewals, and license fees.
• Prohibited Conduct: unfair trade practices under PACA and enforcement proceedings by the PACA Division when companies are charged with violating PACA.
• The Trust: a full explanation of how the PACA trust works to obtain payment of undisputed debts.
• Disputes: resolving produce disputes in the PACA division or the DRC.
• Contracts: explaining unique and recurring produce contract issues.
• Terms: a quick reference guide to the meaning of different produce sale terms.
The PACA Web Guide also contains helpful internal and external links making it easy to explore related topics.