9 Must-Have Sweet Corn Varieties
This month’s Variety Specs feature highlights nine sweet corn varieties submitted to us from the nation’s leading seed breeders and distributors.
Traits highlighted include superior eating quality, excellent kernel contrast, good resistance packages, and high yields. Read on for more details.
- Company: Siegers Seed Co.
- Ear length: 7.5 to 8 inches
- Type: Hybrid, bicolor supersweet type, Sh2
- Fresh market/processing: Fresh market
- Disease resistance/Tolerance: Northern corn leaf blight, common rust Rp1-d, Stewart’s wilt
- Days to maturity: 80
- Yield potential: High yield potential for fresh and wholesale markets
- Region(s) best suited for production: Southeast and Midwest
- Other attributes: High sugar content and a strong clean plant. Easier pick compared to others on the market