Real-World Solutions Highlight First Biocontrols 2015 Conference & Tradeshow
Real-world solutions and practical experience from some of the most successful growing operations and influential advisers and biocontrol suppliers in the U.S. highlight the agenda for the first-ever Biocontrols 2015 Conference and TradeshowSM, March 3-5, 2015 in Fresno, CA.
The event is being organized by Meister Media Worldwide in conjunction with the Biopesticide Industry Alliance. An expected 6-10 Continuing Education hours will be offered to Pest Control Advisers (PCAs). Growers and PCAs also receive a specially priced registration.
Registration includes a complimentary cocktail reception on the evening of Tuesday, March 3; full-day Conference and Tradeshow access on Wednesday, March 4; and a half-day of Conference and Tradeshow on Thursday, March 5.
Grower Case Studies
Topping the Biocontrols 2015 marquee are presentations on “Driving Crop Quality and Productivity Using Biocontrols” by representatives from two of the largest produce growing organizations in the country: Paramount Farming Co., number one on American-Western Fruit Grower magazine’s 2014 Top Nut Growers; and Grimmway Farms / Cal-Organic, number one on American Vegetable Grower magazine’s 2014 Top Vegetable Growers – West.
Brad Higbee, Director of Entomology Research at Paramount, and Gerald Davis, Organic Agronomist for Grimmway, will reveal practical experiences and tips on implementing a biocontrol program in produce crops crops to improve both on-farm productivity and the quality of the crop.
Joining them in this module spanning two intensive 45-minute sessions will be Greg Gaffney, President of Bio Ag Services, specialists in IPM biological control; and Lloyd Traven, an innovator in the use of beneficial insects in his greenhouse ornamentals operation, Peace Tree Farm.
Hands-On Crop Workshops
Conference attendees will have the opportunity to split into focused workshops on Annual and Permanent Crops with deeply knowledgeable academics, consultants and biocontrols suppliers.
Leading the Annuals session will Suzanne Wainwright-Evans of Buglady Consulting and Dr. Surendra Dara of University of California Cooperative Extension.
On the Permanent crop side will be expertise from Kenneth B. Johnson of Oregon State University, Johan Pienaar of Valent BioSciences, and Carlos Reyes of Marrone Bio Innovations.
A Fully Immersive Experience
Biocontrols 2015 attendees also will be fully immersed in key issues surrounding the use of biocontrols, including:
- Regulatory, consumer and global trends – with an opening presentation by Brian Leahy, Director of the California Department of Pesticide Regulation.
- Incorporating biocontrols in an IPM program in trying Western growing conditions – a valuable session led by consultant and PCA David Holden of Holden Research and Consulting and Randy Dodds of Brandt Consolidated.
- Managing Maximum Residue Levels and buyer-supplier relationships – featuring the deep expertise of Robert McNally, Director of the Office of Pesticide Programs, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division (BBPD), EPA; and Cindy Baker Smith of Amvac Corporation.
- Using biocontrols in sustainability initiatives – with a closing “view from the customer” from Georgiann Miller of foodservice supplier Sysco.
- A comprehensive tradeshow of leading biocontrols suppliers and other allieds ready to discuss products and innovations for 2015.
Ready for the 2015 production season? There will be no venue comparable to Biocontrols 2015 this year where you can become fully up to speed on the state of biocontrols in just a few short, highly efficient days. Pre-registration for the event is available now.