In the Apple iTunes Store now is a new line of farmers market apps designed for fresh food lovers in California, Florida, Maryland, New York, Rhode Island, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. The applications were created to help users easily locate farmers markets, U-pick farms, farmstands and CSAs (community supported agriculture) using their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Apptika’s Farmers Market Finder apps source information that comes directly from municipal, county, state, federal government, and other non-profit market organizers.
Apptika’s Farmers Market Finder apps provide a comprehensive listing of farmers markets, farms/farmstands and CSAs with:
- Address and Location Description
- Amenities (i.e. fruit, veggies, meat, bakery, prepared foods, etc)
- Months/days/hours of operation
- Website, phone and/or email contact information, if available
- Special information, when available, such as parking, winter hours, and“rain or shine” info
- Ability to save to Favorites.
The app has a built-in interactive map that utilizes geolocation to:
- Locate the farmers markets to your location
- Browse an entire state, county or metropolitan area
- Get turn-by-turn directions
Apptika’s Farmers Market Finder apps range in price from free for Santa Clara County (CA) to $4.99 for individual states. States currently available are California, Florida, Maryland, New York, Rhode Island, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. The entire U.S. collection (currently 2,100+ farmers markets, farms/farmstands and CSAs) is $9.99. Additional states are being added. The apps are available online at http://www.apptika.com/ or at the iTunes Store (search: Apptika).
Source: PR.com news release