Farm Tour Set for Biocontrols USA West 2019 Conference & Expo
Want a firsthand look at how biological control and sustainable production methods are being used in specialty crops by some of the region’s leading growers and researchers? You can take advantage of this opportunity at the Biocontrols USA West 2019 Conference & Expo in Portland, OR. The pre-conference farm tour is slated for March 13.
Each stop on this day-long expedition will provide lessons you can put to work immediately in your own operation.
Attendees will get an exclusive, hands-on look at biological control in action with stops including:
- Terra Nova Nurseries to see firsthand how growers incorporate biocontrol at this leading producer of ornamentals.
- Siri & Son Farms to learn how this Oregon vegetable grower puts biocontrol to work in its organic production.
- The Oregon Hophouse to see how hops are grown and how sustainable production methods, including biocontrol, are an important part of the plan.
- Oregon State University’s North Willamette Research and Extension Center to get an advance look at some of the critical biocontrol research focused on Pacific Northwest specialty crops.
- Willamette Valley Vineyards to hear from experts about how biocontrol is used in sustainable wine grape production, and possibly even do a little wine tasting before heading back to Portland.
Due to the early sell-out status of past tours, secure your seat early. For agenda and more on the conference, visit BiocontrolsConference.com.