New Citrus Varieties Available For Florida Growers
New Varieties Development & Management Corp. (NVDMC) has scheduled statewide grower meetings supporting the launch of FAST TRACK’s new suite of experimental citrus selections. This new suite features three selections: one grapefruit, one tangerine type, and one unique navel-like hybrid.
The first suite of nine FAST TRACK selections was offered in August 2013. The program was very successful, resulting in 61 registered grower trial sites.
All interested commercial citrus growers should plan to attend one of the meetings. A presentation will explain details about the program and registration documentation will be distributed. Representatives from the UF/IFAS Plant Improvement Team and/or FFSP also will be present. Citrus Extension agents are encouraged to attend. Each meeting will last approximately an hour.
- 11:00 AM: St. Lucie Country Extension Office (Extension Classroom)
8400 Picos Rd, Suite 101
Ft. Pierce, FL
- 3:00 PM: Highlands County IFAS Extension Office (Room 2)
4509 George Blvd
- 3:00 PM: Southwest Florida Research & Education Center (Auditorium)
2685 SR 29 North
- 9:30 AM: Lake County IFAS Extension Office (Training Room A)
1951 Woodlea Rd.
- 2:00 PM: UF/FAS Citrus Research and Education Center (Room 101700)
700 Experiment Station Rd.
Lake Alfred, FL