Michigan State University (MSU) Cooperative Extension, Summit Tree Sales, and International Plant Management are sponsoring a Cherry Variety and High-Tech Research Showcase on July 9 at 10:30 at the MSU Clarksville Horticulture Experiment Station in Clarksville, MI.
The programs begins with an apple thinning mini-workshop, followed by lunch, then afternoon presentations on the following topics:
• Samples and discussion of new sweet cherry varieties
• Spotted wing drosophila management
• High-efficiency sweet cherry training systems
• Sweet cherry covering systems (Cravo, VOEN, Haygrove, bird netting)
• Bloom delay with solid set canopy delivery spray systems
• New tart cherry selections
• Tart cherry hedgerow systems for over-the-row harvesters
• Orchard technologies Q&A
Presenters include: Greg Lang, Phil Schwalllier, Wallace Heuser, Wanda Heuser Gale, Jim Flore, Amy Iezzoni, Amy Irish-Brown, Larry Gut, Nikki Rothwell, Bill Shane, and Ron Perry.
There is no charge for the event. For more information, call 800-424-2765.