What it Takes to Win the 2019 Grower Achievement Award
Each year, American Vegetable Grower®, with support from United Fresh Produce Association, selects a grower to honor with its prestigious Grower Achievement Award. And each winner is selected from an impressive list of nominees given to us by growers like you, suppliers, and consultants. We are now officially looking for the American Vegetable GrowerSM 2019 Grower Achievement Award winner.
Are you striving to be a sustainable vegetable growing operation? Do you embody the spirit of excellence in our industry? Are you looking to implement the latest technology on the farm?
Or do you know a grower operation that is innovative and stands above the rest?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, we want to hear from you! To find out more about the award or to submit a nomination, fill out the form below.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Displays Industry Leadership. Not only are they involved with others in the industry and act as advocates to local or national government, but fellow growers turn to them for new ideas.
- Pursues Innovative, Consumer-Oriented Marketing Efforts (including sustainability and community involvement)
- Strives for Excellence in Food Quality and Safety
- Embraces Technological Advances
- Must be a commercial vegetable grower in North America
- Demonstrates excellence and innovation
- His or her achievements can help other growers improve
Deadline: Friday, June 1, 2018
Contact: Carol Miller, [email protected]; 440-602-9207
To date, 15 deserving farms have been called to Washington, DC, to receive American Vegetable Grower’s annual Grower Achievement Award at United Fresh’s Washington Conference. Here is a list of the past recipients. Who will be added for 2018?
2002: A. Duda & Sons, Oviedo, FL
2003: Betteravia Farms, Santa Maria, CA
2004: Michael Farms, Urbana, OH
2005: Gary Shiflett Farms, Deming, NM
2006: Teixeira Farms, Santa Maria, CA
2007: Anthony Farms, Inc., Scandinavia, WI
2008: Lewis Taylor Farms, Tifton, GA
2009: Hansen Farms, Inc., Stanley, NY
2010: Alstede Farms LLC, Chester, NJ
2011: TKM Bengard Farms. LLC, Belle Glade, FL
2012: Steven Lyles Farms, Las Cruces, NM
2013: Torrey Farms, Elba, NY
2014: Sakata Farms, Brighton, CO
2015: Pero Family Farms, Delray Beach, FL
2016: Tasteful Selections, Arvin, CA
2017: Jones Potato Farm, Parrish, FL
2018: Jackson Farming Company, Autryville, NC